Chevron Island is a small suburb sitting in the middle of Nerang River and provides access from Bundall to Surfers Paradise. There’s a range of older three story walk-ups, waterfront mansions and older style apartments which means that there is something for every buyer in this area.
There is a true community feel in this tiny Village with many small businesses, cafes, restaurants, bars and boutiques lining the main street.
The suburb has long been a favourite with holiday makers as well as young singles looking to live close enough to Surfers Paradise but without all the craziness. The Cafe Culture is thriving and there is a great mix of people enjoying the al fresco dining or a cool glass of wine on any given night.
Chevron Island Education
There are no schools located on Chevron Island but with so many close by it isn’t a problem.
- St Kevin’s Catholic
- Benowa Primary
- Bellevue Park
- Benowa High
- TSS – Anglican, all boys
- St Hilda’s – Anglican, all girls
Chevron Island Recreation
Chevron Island’s village offers great cafe culture as well as prime boutique shopping. There are great places to eat on the Island with endless cafes, cocktail bars, bakeries – a great spot for a scrumptious breakfast. There is also a range of boutiques for young and old, great hairdressers and day spa. The beaches, restaurants, clubs and shops of Surfers Paradise are only a few minutes walk.
Chevron Island Shops, Restaurants and Cafes
Centered around Thomas Drive there is a collection of interesting cafes and restaurants. Here are some highlights
- Boom Boom Burgers – great burgers and comfort foods – 7-9 Burra St
- Bangkok Thai on Chevron – authentic Thai – 2/62 Thomas Dr
- Chevron Social Eatery – organic raw foods & coffee – 62 Thomas Dr
- Wagyu-Ya on Chevron – Japanese grill – 42 Thomas Dr
- Curry Muncher Indian – Indian – 1/37 Thomas Dr
- Chevron Tavern – bar and bistro – 47 Thomas Dr
- Tribeca NYC – classic American – 58 Thomas Dr
Things to do on Chevron Island
- Go for a BBQ at Korman Family Park which has playground and toilets
- Throw a line in at the Chevron Island fishing platform
Accommodation on Chevron Island
Here are the four picks of places to stay on Chevron Island. They are all apartment style and self-contained meaning they have kitchens for those who want to prepare meals at home.
Karana Palms offers self-contained apartments with private balcony, garden views, outdoor pool, and a BBQ area. Laundry facilities and a full kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator are standard in all apartments.
Chevron Palms offers apartments with a spacious lounge and dining area, kitchen, and laundry facilities. Each apartment has a balcony or patio overlooking the pool area.
Offering one-bedroom apartments with fully-equipped kitchens and laundry facilities, solar heated swimming pool, outdoor garden, and BBQ.
Self-contained one bedroom apartment featuring a modern kitchen, laundry, pool, and city views.
The island is serviced by public buses 731 and 740 with stops at
- Thomas Dr near Burra St (heading in Bundall direction)
- Thomas Dr near Parnoo St (heading in Surfers paradise direction)
- Thomas Dr near Anembo St
References: www.goldcoastaustralia.com , www.goldcoastinfo.net
For any real estate need either Buying or Selling or Investing , contact me either via email or phone given below.