The Gold Coast is one of the best locations on the planet to enjoy a world-class sunset year-round.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the gang and get your cameras at the ready, you’re not going to need a filter at these venues.
Open 7 days
- Rainbow Bay SLSC is the most southern club on the Queensland coastline and is positioned on one of Gold Coast’s only north facing beaches; providing sheltered conditions for swimming and year round perfect sunsets.
- It’s impossible to be stressed when you’re sitting on the balcony of this stunning venue watching the surfers catch wave after wave.
- The advertisement sitting proudly across the top of the surf club really says it all – “From where you’d rather be.”
Friday to Sunday 3pm – 8pm
- This spectacular spot is exclusive to guests of The Pink Hotel but can be experienced by us common folk by purchasing a guest day pass.
- The refurbished Coolangatta icon is home to hand crafted cocktails, superb views of over 57 kilometres of Gold Coast beaches and an unbeatable atmosphere.
- With an abundance of daybeds, delicious food options and knowledgeable, charismatic staff, Santaria is one you won’t want to miss.
Monday to Thursday 4pm – late &
Friday to Sunday 12pm – late
- This beach front, ocean-inspired restaurant and bar boasts a rum bar, and a vast array of cocktails to enjoy.
- Baskk also hosts $15 cocktails and tapas on a Sunday to help you wind down your weekend and ease your way into the working week, so what are you waiting for?
Open 7 days
- One of the most iconic Gold Coast views to feast your eyes on is the lookout from Currumbin Vikings Surf Club.
- Located on Currumbin’s Elephant Rock, the venue offers views of the city’s north and stretches as far as Tweed Heads to the south.
- Kick-back with a beer and a seafood platter and watch the waves roll in for an arvo of bliss.
Open 7 days
- Palmy is home to one of the most classic Australian surf clubs, complete with an exceptionally relaxed atmosphere and pristine beach views.
- Situated as close as you can get to the crashing waves, this Surf Club has all the affordable classics to be expected alongside a delicious cocktail menu and ridiculously great sunset view.
Thursday to Sunday Lunch 11am – 2pm (Bar menu and drinks 2-5pm)
Dinner 7 nights from 5pm (bookings recommended)
- This modern Mexican bar and taqueria sits on Palm Beach’s main strip and is a bustling spot for delicious authentic Mexican food and exciting, inspired cocktails and drinks.
- An ideal spot for sunset beverages, Frida Sol has a delicious variety of margaritas and sangrias alongside a wonderful menu of signature cocktails.
- Oh, and did we mention there’s $5 tacos on Thursdays?
Open Monday to Sunday 12pm – late
- Justin Lane is one of the coast’s original rooftop bars and is still a favourite for many locals.
- Offering homemade pizza and pasta, we recommend hitting up the fried eggplant chips with spicy arrabiata sauce.
- Kick-back with a view of Burleigh beach with a cocktail in hand listening to the sounds of local and international DJ’s.
Open Monday to Friday 12pm – 12am &
Saturday to Sunday 11am – Midnight
- A Gold Coast hot spot, this stunning venue sits right on the beach and has an incredibly stylish and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Burleigh Pavilion boasts an exciting cocktail menu alongside a variety of tapas, wood-fired pizzas and lunch classics to help you unwind and enjoy the exceptional location.
Wednesday to Thursday 4pm – 10pm
Friday – Sunday 12pm – 10pm
- “Florribean” inspired cuisine, Tropic Vice officially has one of the best seats in the house to bring in the sunset.
- Complete with crafty cocktails and tasty grazing-plates, Tropic Vice’s sun-drenched rooftop and Palm Springs, California meets Miami, Florida vibes will have you holiday dreamin’ in no time.
Thursday to Saturday 4pm – late
Sunday 2pm – 8pm
- Rub shoulders with the coast’s trendiest at swanky Nineteen rooftop bar at The Star Gold Coast.
- With a luxe fit out overlooking the lavish infinity pool and terrace, Nineteen is the ideal location to clink a glass and snap a selfie with the girls.
- Prepare for sensory overload, with the newly curated Sunday brunch menu, and when the sun sets, let the smooth sounds of Nineteen’s resident DJ take to the decks.
Wednesday to Thursday 3pm – late &
Friday to Sunday 12pm-late
- The Gold Coast’s largest open-air rooftop bar offers exceptional cocktails and food while also boasting an impressive view of Surfers Paradise CBD and the pristine coastline of Main Beach.
- A hotspot to enjoy sunset drinks, The Island hosts several exciting mid-week events, and a variety of live music to suit every taste.
Tuesday to Thursday 4pm -10pm &
Saturday 12pm-12am & Sunday 12pm-8pm
- The contemporary coastal design of this rooftop bar makes this a hip hot spot to enjoy a late summer afternoon cocktail or locally made beer.
- The venue also hosts impressive DJ’s, live music and entertainment each week – what a winning combo!
Monday to Thursday 12pm – 10pm
Friday to Sunday 12pm -11:30pm
- Specialising in gourmet pizza, pasta, deli meats & cheese as well as delicious drinks in the sunshine, Mr P.P’s guarantees good vibes and good times.
- The café and deli kicks off at 7am Monday to Friday, and the pizzeria and bar fires up from midday ’til late.